Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Muqata Housekeeping Musings (MHM)

Hi All -

A few important notes to all:

1. Despite Jack's best intention there will NOT be an open house Muqata breakfast for waffles this coming Friday...for many reasons.

a. We haven't yet tried out the waffle maker yet.
b. Friday's is usually a crazy day at our home and the day we clean it up for shabbat.
c. If our responsible, oldest child would be slightly more helpful on Friday's, then perhaps it could happen. (You hear me? You're doing a great job so far...all we need is a little bit more help!)

I'm finding teenagers in general to be more and more of a challenge. Granted, it's not like I'm reading books on or attending classes on how to deal with teenagers (which I probably should). Just this past Saturday night, my oldest decided to change the water bottle for our bottled-water contraption. He should get credit for doing this on his own, without any asking from us, but does he HAVE to go outside, dressed like this?


I promise you, I did NOT encourage this behavior from him. (Unless you think, that the yellow smiley mask I wear all day long to protect my identity gave him the idea).

Sigh. Any advice on how to deal with teens?

2. No, I haven't forgotten about the new banner for the Muqata blog. There's an excellent one ready to go, but the executive management of the blog still hasn't given's it's blessing to the banner. Still working on it.

3. If you have a blog that's NOT on my blogroll, please feel free to email it to me and I'll be happy to include it. My apologies if you've asked me before and I've forgotten...

4. If you find something blog-worthy, please send me your ideas. I can't blog about Muqata Waffles every day...(and if your suggestion is decent, maybe we will invite you for a Waffle Breakfast :)

5. No, there is no item five today. Unless of course, I blog about it later.

Have a great day!


Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael

17 comments:

Sarah Likes Green said...

oh, good to know you haven't forgotten about the banner!

:)

Annie said...

Not to toot my own horn, but the girls at Jewbiquitous would love to be included on a blog roll.

Lady-Light said...

Jameel, I've read your blog and (on rare occasions) you've read mine, but my blog is still not on your blogroll.
On the other hand, I added yours to my bloglinks(a long time ago (nyah nyah). Do you think you could find it in your heart to add mine??
Also, I'm now in the Yerushalayim area, so email me when you're gonna have that waffle breakfast--I'll come right over...!

Anonymous said...

Drop by my office to talk about teenagers. I PROMISE I'll make you feel better. :)

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Sarah: Not forgotten in the slightest! :)

Annie & Harley: Jewbiquitous has been added! :) (and I must say, your blog is rather awesome for being around such a short amount of time)

Lady-light: Your blog has been added as well! (sorry for taking so long)

YHSR: Thanks. I will take you up on the offer.

Jack Steiner said...

So much for the great blogger breakfast of November.

Anonymous said...

Can i get on your blog roll? Pretty please?

Hint to everyone else: Read my blog! :)

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Mevaseretzion: Yuo were on my blogroll this morning, even before you wrote a comment! :)

Jack: OK, you can still come over. Bring the maple syrup.

Sarah said...

What about the parade scheduled for Friday? What are people at the Muqata saying about that?

Cnn.com has the completely pareve (sarcastic) headline "Jews set fires, stab, rage to stop gay parade". Here's the link to the video story (also completely unbiased...): javascript:cnnVideo('play','/video/world/2006/11/07/wedeman.meast.gay.pride.cnn','2006/11/14');

aliyah06 said...

I have maple syrup, too....and I LOVE waffles and we don't have a waffle maker...hint, hint. I think the Great Jerusalem Area Blogger Breakfast is a great idea. Think that waffle-maker is up to a couple hundred waffles? {grin}

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

aliyah06: Hmmm...I think that could be arranged...

Jenifer: Which story are you referring to? Please let me know, and I'll try to finish it...(unless you're referring to the Fleeing Manilla story...)

anysara: yes...you are right. I should blog about that. Maybe later today.

PsychoToddler said...

Sigh. Any advice on how to deal with teens?


Send them FAR AWAY and don't let them come back until it's all over and done with.

Sara with NO H said...

Hey I never even noticed I made your blog roll. If I could figure out how to make one that looked nice, I'd put you on mine too. Any suggestions on how to do it?

the sabra said...

LOL jameel, that picture made me laugh

and psychotoddler, you wanna take this outside?

Anonymous said...

Jameel, how about a Muqata musing on the recent American elections? Liberal blog comments are afire with everything from Iraq withdrawal plans to eliminating US support for Israel...

Jack Steiner said...

I hear that Fleeing Manilla is a great topping for waffles. Of course we would have to have waffles to test this theory out.

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Jack: FINE. Youre invited. Just show up already!

Sir Chuck: That's an interestng thought. I'll ponder it over the weekend. Thanks!

The Sabra: Don't start up with Psychotoddler...anyone with "psycho" in his name is someone to avoid!

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails