1. Media Personality Yair Lapid announces he is entering politics to run for the Knesset. Lapid's party immediately polled-in at around 20 seats....mostly at the expense of Tzippi Livni's Kadima party.
Lapid's father Tommy Lapid founded the "Shinui" party which lasted for some time and was based on advancing the secularity of Israel.
2. The Knesset is so much fun these days -- today, Labor MK Raleb Majadele verbally insulted Yisrael Beiteinu MK Anastasia Michaeli...who responded by throwing a cup of water at him.
Lets see it on video...
3. Kadima MK Nachman Shai makes surprise visit to the Temple Mount (after going to the mikva, and wearing sneakers).
MK Shai was accompanied by MK Uri Ariel. Ariel summed up the meeting: "There is great importance to increase love and unity among Israel, and specifically the Temple Mount in United Jerusalem. I am happy that MK Shai agreed to be part of this enterprise and I hope that others participate as well.
MK Shai said: I came to the Temple Mount, one of the holiest places to Judaism and Islam to learn about its religious, historical and polticial importance. Obviously, the Temple Mount is a very sensitive site, and I also enjoyed myself here. (Datili)
4. Channel 2 News scoop: One of Yair Lapid's senior advisors...none other that squeaky clean ex-Kadima party hack (and previous Prime Minister of Israel), Ehud Olmert.
5. Noam Shalit -- father of abducted and released IDF soldier, Gilad Shalit, announces he is entering the Knesset political race, and is joining....the Labor party. (JPost)
6. Reports that Karnit Goldwasser, widow of abducted and murdered IDF soldier, Ehud Goldwasser is considering entering the Knesset political race....(scoop -- waiting for formal announcement)
7. So much more...will update soon.
Learn to Shoot at Caliber-3 with top Israeli Anti-Terror Experts!
Follow the Muqata on Twitter.
Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael טובה הארץ מאד מאד