Sunday, November 04, 2007

Palestinians Disconnect Sederot's Electricity

Palestinians disconnect Sederot's electricity and disable Israel's Missile Alert System (via a Kassam rocket attack), while Israel's Attorney General says Israel is forbidden to touch the electricity of Gaza. (war crimes against humanity alert)
Three Qassam rockets were fired Sunday afternoon from the northern Gaza Strip towards the western Negev. One of the rockets hit a house, causing damage to the building and its surroundings.

"A second rocket hit a power line, starting a small fire. Several people suffered from shock. The damaged power line also resulted in a temporary blackout in Sderot.

"We heard three loud explosions, but the Color Red alert system didn't sound… my whole house was shaking," one of the residents told Ynet.

Defense Minister Ehud Barak and Attorney General Menachem Mazuz had a heated exchange of words following Mazuz's decision not to approve the plan to restrict power supply to the Gaza Strip.
JoeSettler introduced me to the following dialogue at an IDF roadblock I drive through occasionally.

The scene: IDF soldiers successfully holding down a Palestinian boy down so he couldn’t move.
Leave him alone, he’s just a child! yelled the women of MachsomWatch.

Let him go now” the women demanded of the IDF soldiers.
Luckily for Israel's tourists, visitors and citizens, the IDF soldiers held the Palestinian child to the ground and totally ignored the screams from the Machsom Watch women.
Wikipedia says...Machsom Watch, or Checkpoint Watch is a radical left wingIsraeli checkpoints. [1] The self described "politically pluralistic" human rights organization is composed of Israeli group of Israeli women who monitor Palestinian at women to the exclusion of men, with a "bias towards mature, professional women" who tend to have a "liberal or leftist background" [2] Machsom Watch claims to have 400 members, notably including Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's daughter Dana.
In the Palestinian child's knapsack was a bomb.

IMHO, Machsom Watch gives "mature, professional women" a bad name.


Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael

5 comments:

Lurker said...

You've got to hand it to the government, though: They promised that if there were more Qassam attacks, then there would be power outages. And by golly, there were.

Jack Steiner said...

It is going to get worse before it gets better.

Anonymous said...

oh my gd

Ye'he Sh'mey Raba Mevorach said...

Funny Jack, that's what my 5th grade teacher always used to say. Of course, he said it in a hillbilly accent: "Boun' t'git worse b'for it gits better." That's how I always hear it in my head.

My mom thought he was an idiot, but the older I get, the more I realized I learned from him. Don't judge a person by their accent.

Jacob Da Jew said...

OMG.

My best friend is now manning a checkpoint in the Shomron.

I am so scared for him.

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails