Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Seeing through the Fog

A friend of mine son's was hit by a car a few weeks back, breaking his jaw and his leg in the process.

Yet every time I see this friend, she has a huge smile on her face and tells me how God is in the details of everything and how fortunate they are that their son's injuries were so minor.

"He only broke his leg and his jaw...and his jaw is wired shut, but it's all for the best."

She thanks me when I put up posts on my blog that could strengthen one's faith, and tell me to ignore cynical commenters. I saw her the other day, and again with this huge smile on her face she tells me, "You can't imagine what a miracle it was that my son was hit by a car and broke his jaw..."

I smile back and say, "I'm glad he's getting better."

But then she adds, "No, you don't understand, if he HADN'T been hit by the car, and broken his jaw, he wouldn't have had a CAT scan, and then we wouldn't have found out about the tumor in his head! Thank G-d it's operable, but can you imagine if we didn't find it now...?"

You can say Tehillim or send positive thoughts for Chayim Zvi ben Henya Devorah.


Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael טובה הארץ מאד מאד

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Incredible story and incredible emunah on the part of the mother. Refuah shlema to Chaim Zvi.

A similar story happened to the sone of some friends about 15 years ago. He fell out of a tree and knocked himself out. He was taken to hospital and the CT scan found he had an aneurism about to happen - not connected to the fall. They operated immediately and his life was saved.

Hashem works His wonders in very strange ways indeed.

Anonymous said...

I started reading your article saying , yeah, I know her and I know the story...and I forgot you knew her...and then suddenly I was saying what! I missed a bit here.

All the best to him may he have a true Refuah Shleima.

Anonymous said...

B"H ,and he should have a complete reuah shlemah.
It is amazing how Hashem works, but wouldn't it have been better if no tumor was found and no bones were broken, but I recall hearing somewhere when I hung out in a yeshiva that Hashem send the refuah before the makah, I geuss by getting the cat scan, the tumor was found when it was still treatable.
nto to one up , but once was rushed to the ER cause a friend thought I was having a heart attack, B"H just bad gas but a growth was found in my chest and was B"H removed before it got bigger.

Ye'he Sh'mey Raba Mevorach said...

Josh - it's my kid and I just want to say that by definition we cannot fathom G-d. As limited human beings there is much in the world that we don't understand it looks awful and horrific to us. But sometimes, SOMETIMES we get a glimpse of why bad is actually good. Even the breaks were good because now my son has HAD surgery already and he's more prepared for THIS surgery. He knows what a hospital is like. And in many ways, from a kid perspective, this surgery will be easier. It's frightening to us because we are thinking "It's his BRAIN they're going to be cutting" but for an 8 year old kid, not being able to walk and having to eat through a straw for 3 weeks was MUCH worse.

What can I say? We are deeply grateful for everything.

And I hope that you always stay healthy and have no re-occurance of the tumor!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm the kid's father. Don't I get any yachas?
:-)

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

anon 2:14

Yachas? Give me a call once in a while!

;-)

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails