Tuesday, April 06, 2010

The IDF Censored News You Cannot Read

I must have gotten 10 phone calls today from people asking me about the "big" hushed up story that's currently blacked out by the IDF military censor and the Shabak/Shin Bet/Israel Secret Police.

The only thing on the JPost website about it is:

Press Council president, former Supreme Court Judge Dalia Dorner has harshly attacked a magistrate's court decision to prohibit publication of a story concerning journalists refusing to reveal sources.

Since the story is published everywhere OUTSIDE of Israel, I'll just provide a bunch of links, so you can see the story for yourself without actually have read it here, on the Muqata.

What I find baffling is that every teenager from a settlement or wearing a kippa is grilled by the IDF prior to induction to ensure they "will follow all orders including destroying settlements"...yet the IDF still doesn't consider left wingers to be a serious threat to Israel's security (until it's too late, like in the case above)


Visiting Israel?
Learn to Shoot at
Caliber-3 with top Israeli Anti-Terror Experts!


Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael טובה הארץ מאד מאד

6 comments:

Shira said...

I like the AP's original version which said she became a gossip columnist

Nachum said...

I checked the story out when it was first mentioned in Israel, and I gotta say, I don't see what the big deal is. Someone leaks documents illegally and are arrested; court doesn't allow details because of national security. So what?

Anonymous said...

Because maybe she's been feeding info to haaretz reporter Uri Blau with the full knowledge of the haaretz staff and this is actually a much bigger story?

Shira said...

Uri Blau has apparently fled Israel....

Yes I hear he is living off NIF scrip, which is redeemable in London at Reubens.

NormanF said...

Haaretz should be banned for spreading sedition and undermining national security.

Don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen.

Nachum said...

I meant, why are *they* making a big deal.

I know the answer, of course, but it's depressing.

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails