Sunday, May 09, 2010

Ode to a Parrot

LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR. 

FOLLOWING THE OTHER POEMS I RECENTLY WROTE ABOUT ANOTHER BLOGGER (SEE THE COMMENTS SECTIONS IN OTHER POSTS) AND HIS MESSIAH/DEMIGOD CURRENTLY SITTING IN THE WHITE HOUSE, I RECEIVED A REQUEST FROM TAFKA PP TO WRITE HER A POEM TOO.


UNFORTUNATELY, I ONLY CAME UP WITH A LIMERICK.


I AM HOPING SHE WILL APPRECIATE THIS, DESPITE IT NOT BEING A FULL-FLEDGED POEM.

THIS IS NOT AN INVITATION TO TAKE NASTY POT SHOTS AT THE PARROT.


There once was a blogger names Parrot.
Who repeated things, well... like a parrot.

So when the N.I.F. claimed,
They simply were framed,

Well the Parrot made like a parrot.


Visiting Israel? Learn to Shoot at Caliber-3 with top Israeli Anti-Terror Experts! Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael טובה הארץ מאד מאד

6 comments:

The Reform Baal Teshuvah said...

I think the last line lacks a syllable.

Lurker said...

UNFORTUNATELY, I ONLY CAME UP WITH A LIMERICK.

Nu, really. It's barely even a limerick: I mean, you "rhymed" the word "parrot" with itself -- two times! Couldn't you even try to work in "carrot" or something?

PP is too polite to say it, so I will on her behalf: You obviously put in much more effort on your poems for DB. (And he got two of them!)

Now be a mentch, and write her a new one...

JoeSettler said...

It's two different words.
One is Parrot - capital P, one is parrot - lowercase p.
What does a (P)parrot do? It verbally mimics. I think it makes perfect sense.

tafka pp said...

Wow- who knew that my little complaint to Joe at the end of the Dov Bear/Book Burning discussion would lead to the creation of this literary masterpiece? It is almost enough to make me return to the Muqata for a regular read...

I'm touched, Joe: Even though you yourself take a potshot at my unswerving defence of the NIF through the medium of verse, I am genuinely moved by your poetic efforts (albeit wondering what you could have done with "carrot", as Lurker points out.) Good luck with pursuing the career in creative writing! (Although maybe you might not want to give up the day job just yet, at least until the similarities between Parrot and parrot become clearer.)

JoeSettler said...

I just didn't want to leave you hanging there.

Anonymous said...

Looking down from her garret,
past artist, purple parrot
observed what had become of this blog.

I promise, guests we won't garrote
even if not colored like carrot
or even painted green like a frog.

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails