Monday, January 15, 2007

Happy Aliyanniversary to me.

Another year has gone by, and I'm thrilled to celebrate my aliyanniversary.

Sweet 16!

January 15th, 1991.

I wrote this rather sappy piece last year.

While I still believe everything I wrote there, I was on the verge of my oldest son's Bar Mitzva and in wistful mood.

Yet, to be honest, I am very fortunate to be here, happy with my life, and even with all the difficulties that the State may throw at us, we're still living the dream.

And for that, I owe alot of Hakarat HaTov.

(ok, now you can go back and think about leftover cholent below)

--Jameel.





Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael

14 comments:

Jack Steiner said...

Happy anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! 16 years! My brother just celebated 2 years.

I just can't bring myself to look at that cholent closeup. Shudder.

Anonymous said...

Happy Aliyanniversary! And last year's piece was beautiful- not at all overly sappy. It was a milestone in your life.

PsychoToddler said...

The force will be with you...always.

Anonymous said...

Your 'sappy post' was so...
well... 'sappy'.. and special

I don't think I've ever read particularly -about people's feelings towards Eretz Yisrael.. especially those that have made Aliyah.. and I must say your post lit a spark within..
Thanks for sharing your memories.. a year ago.. and again today

JoeSettler said...

Funny.

I'm still waiting to see pictures from the airport party to see if I was or wasn't there to greet you.

Another year, and still no answer.

Sarah Likes Green said...

happy anniversary!

:)

BBJ said...

Happy anniversary--and the new banner is almost too cute to cope with!

AMSHINOVER said...

take me with you

PLEASE



(would i have to become the MUATAER?)

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of Birthdays!Blog, Jammel and Aliyah:)
Happy B!

Michael said...

Mazal tov!

And may you have many, many more anniversaries!

I just celebrated 2 years; it felt great.

kasamba said...

Mazal Tov!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I had too look up Aliyah on Wikipedia but now I know, happy Aliyanniversary, Jameel!

Long time no visit -- is that some new artwork I see at the top of the page?

I thought of you when I read about a computer game called "Global Conflicts: Palestine". http://www.seriousgames.dk/gc.html

According to the magazine I am reading, the game's maker says you can play the game from "a pro-Palestinian angle, a balanced angle or a pro-Israeli angle," whatever that means...

Anonymous said...

mazal tov!!!

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails