Monday, January 22, 2007

Jameel Meet Dr. Jones

As I wiped the remains of a tasty waffle breakfast off of my lips I told Jameel that it was time for us to take off our Black Hats

and don something a little sexier, a la Indiana Jones.

And thus we found ourselves on our way to Petra.

Magical, Mysterious Petra. We weren't searching for the grail, but for a new adventure. The kind of journey that you dream of as a boy but don't ever get a chance to experience until you have walked through the land of milk and honey to work off the 613 waffles you consumed.

So much happened there I am not sure that I can even describe it. There was the crazy camel and the looney bus driver. There were the silly American tourists and frankly the bizarre Canadians.

And don't get me started about the comparison between a bull whip and wrapping leather straps around your arm and head for a sunrise you couldn't possibly imagine. What a day.








Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael

3 comments:

Chana said...

I love Indiana Jones! Hurrah for the Fedora, the Bull-Whip, the fear of snakes and other fun factors! But the whole point is that he's the collector of Rare Antiquties, so exactly what were you doing if not that? Humph.

janitor said...

"Bizzare Canadians"? Thats redundant, lol.

Check out my blog.

Jack Steiner said...

Rare Antiquties

I prefer my antiquities to be well done.

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails