Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Birth in Jerusalem's Old City

I've been doing many refresher seminars lately as a Magen David Adom EMT. At one course a few weeks ago, someone came up to me and said, "you must be Jameel, right?" (using the name Jameel, and not my real name.) We had spoken before many times, but never met in person...

At that MDA seminar, one of the topics we concentrated on was birth.

My new/old friend sent me this incredible video clip about a Magen David Adom assisted birth in the old city of Jerusalem (nothing graphic). The video's in Hebrew, but is easy to follow...



Nothing beats an MDA EMT announcing "Mazal Tov" to the MDA dispatcher by radio...after a successful birth.

Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael

10 comments:

Lurker said...

At one course a few weeks ago, someone came up to me and said, "you must be Jameel, right?" (using the name Jameel, and not my real name.)

What?! Do you mean that Jameel isn't your real name?

You phony! What will be the next scandalous revalation? That all those photos of you were doctored?

Juggling Frogs said...

What a beautiful way to end the 10th of Tevet! Thank you for sharing this!

May we all have good news to share, in, out of, and about Yerushalayim.

Anonymous said...

I would take this is as a siman.

A Birth in the Old City = REBIRTH

A siman that Yerushalayim will be reborn again, even while the enemies of Hashem, all 70 plus ....... are circling our Holy Yerushalayim, raising billions of currency, and threatening to swallow it up!

Ye'he Sh'mey Raba Mevorach said...

Very moving. Very special. Thanks for sharing!

MoChassid said...

Very moving. thanks for the link.

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy you posted this the day I gave birth and not the day before....

Personally they should have had her give birth at home..IMHO

Anonymous said...

now that i've met you face to face (coffee, bakery, high ranking idf officer, jewish geography...)a whole new dimension has been added to my reading your blog.

assisting birth is an amazing experience, wholly different (obviously!) from being the active participant. having played both parts (i was one of two doulas at a friend's home birth) i can tell you that the miracle of birth is an unbelievable and empowering life event. being able to assist, as i am sure you know from your own experiences, is a privilege, as the assistant is as if a shaliach from hakadosh baruch hu.

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful and heart warming event. thank you

therapydoc said...

Not a dry eye in the house.

Anonymous said...

You still owe me lunch.

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails