Tuesday, August 05, 2008

What's Wrong With Driving An Ice Cream Truck

On Sunday my good friend Jameel ran a post called One Big Rumble Jumble Sunday Post in which he made a few comments about some of the Google searches that led people to his blog.

One in particular caught my eye:
For example; the google search for "Drive an ice cream truck?" ranks my blog as the 8th most popular result. Since when did I ever post about driving an ice cream truck? The answer is never, but count on guest commenter Jack to bring some oddity to my blog...
I was most disappointed to see that this blog is only the 8th most popular result for "Drive an ice cream truck?" But, we'll work on that and see if we can't help him improve those results, we must always strive for excellence.

Furthermore what he calls oddity was really just basic news reporting. If you'll recall all I did was report that Jameel was the recipient of a JWB award. Not only that, but there was a mighty fine discussion of what song his truck would play.

Let's take a moment to review some of the suggestions:
"Anachnu ma'aminim bnei maminim? Eretz yisrael sheli yafa v'gam porachat? Lo tira mihem?"

PT's Shoshannas Yaakov

uh...Na Nach Nachma...
Let's open the discussion back up. What do you think his truck would play?

Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael טובה הארץ מאד מאד

4 comments:

Erachet said...

Just so you know, this post put The Muquata at number ONE for "driving an ice cream truck" on google. :P

Leora said...

Erachet, you are right! But if type
"drive an ice cream truck", this post is three pages down.

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

The best part is, my google page ranking was done totally honestly. No tricks to improve page ranking, or search engine seeding.

I even blocked my work's ISP from appearing the pageview/visitor counter.

If you want something to appear high on the google list, let me know and I'll post it.

RivkA with a capital A said...

If you google "coffee and chemo", I am right up there on the top!
;-)

Hmmmm, songs for your ice cream truck.... is there a song about waffles??

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails