Sunday, March 24, 2013

My Pesach Disappointment

There was an article in this weekend's Makor Rishon. It was about fulfilling the mitzvah of Korban Pesach, the Passover sacrifice, in this day and age. The article went through the Halachot and obligations. It is a unique mitzvah in that it terms of Taharot, you don't need to do more than dip in the Mikvah.

At the end of the article was a telephone number, and the cost to participate (NIS 12) to get your piece of the Korban.

I was so excited.

While I already have plans for this Pesach that put me outside of Jerusalem on the first day, I started making plans with my wife and how we'll be in Jerusalem next year and fulfill this mitzvah.

(Yes, I'm aware that there is an Issur d'Rabanan to not do it, but if the people don't start this back up, who will? The Rabbis?)

Anyway... a friend and I called up the number (Israel: 1-800-800-455). He was more subdued about it, because he figured it was a gimmick.

We talked to them. It turns out it was Machon HaMikdash. The article was an "As if" article, describing the process and how it will be fulfilled.

But unfortunately, they were not sacrificing a Korban Pesach this year, and no we couldn't join a group, and there was no piece of the meat we would get to eat in Jerusalem during the Seder.

I am so disappointed.




Visiting Israel?
Learn to Shoot at
Caliber-3 with top Israeli Anti-Terror Experts!


Follow the Muqata on Twitter.

Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael טובה הארץ מאד מאד

4 comments:

mkf said...

Joe Settler...what was this then? I am sure it did happen.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/166483#.UU7hmhxTCHg

Not sure what they did with the lamb though. :)

Reuven Chaim Klein said...

Don't worry, there is still time...

josh said...

The effort was a test in emunah and registers you in a group with a korban ensuring you some meat which if the Mashiach had come, would be a scarce commodity. We have another month. IY"H, my family's shares will be used.

FWIW, I think Rav Shmuel Eliyah has said that we can eat korban Pesach today, and the Mikdash is not a prerequisite.

The Reform Baal Teshuvah said...

"cost to participate (NIS 12) to get your piece of the Korban."

Would this even get you a k'zayit of the korban?

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails