Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The First Ever Muqata Donation Drive!

Jameel's busy...very busy. So I'm writing this on his behalf.


We're expanding and we would appreciate your support. We'd like to bring you more about day to day life in Israel! News! Opinion! What Jameel's making for Shabbos! (Fine, You know his wife does the cooking, he just grills chicken/shnitzel from time to time so he can blog while trying to be helpful)

Corporate sponsorship welcome! Want to drive some new traffic to your blog? Donate; we'll give you a shout out ad. Donations of any size accepted!

What your donations will be going to:

Wireless blogging equipment* to allow Jameel and crew to blog more from the field. No more second stringers taking over when Jameel is on vacation, he'll still be on the job. (To the Mrs. @ the Muqata: er, just kidding!) Blog hosting. More features, more fun, funkier graphics! More professional stringers: help Jameel get out of debt and finally pay his overworked staff! Or at least buy them beer.

All monies will be ma'asered with proceeds going to Gush Katif refugees, purchasing emergency medical equipment for MDA/Hatzolah in Israel, and supporting counter-terrorism teams in Yehuda and Shomron.

*Blackberry or other internet-enable mobile device.







BE A PART OF GREATNESS! (note from Jameel -- this line isn't from me, but from Litvishe)

Thanks to KH a Seraphic Secrets reader for her donation.
Thanks to DWB for his donation.
Thanks to LG for her donation.
Thanks to NW and Co. for their donations.

We're off to a good start! Thanks guys!

Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael

8 comments:

AMERICA~LAND OF THE FREE said...

Can I MAIL IT TO YOU?

Litvshe said...

Sorry, we aren't currently equipped to accept non-electronic donations. But sign up for PayPal, it's pretty simple.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great Jameel, just one thing these wireless blackberries your getting they're not like going to be used on plane trips with energy drinks between the U.K and the U.S?

I've seen how much work you've been putting in, to cover the war for us, I'd like to say thank you by making a banner.
[Wish I could donate!]

Banner sent

regards Aaron

Anonymous said...

Muqata quick, Theres a Place in Australia with free Black Berries...

Free Blackberries

Regards Aaron

AMERICA~LAND OF THE FREE said...

You have lost your sidebar. I know why and if you want help I can email you and tell you how to make your blog for full page viewing instead of the way blogger sets it up. You have to edit the settings in blogger to do this. The reason your sidebar is missing is that a link you have posted somewhere is too long and you need to make it two lins instead of one. I can email you if you like and tell you how to make all space on your page accessible so the sidebar and posting sections will take up the whole screen. Let me know.
:O)
Hope to hear someting positive soon in all this. Bless you all.

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

I refuse to use paypal, the did something not very nice to my husband. If you come up with another way (perhaps Amazon?) I'll happily donate.

You should create a t-shirt (I'll even help you design it, I have a BA in graphic design...) and put it up for sale on cafe press. I have a logo I've been toying with for a pro-Israel t-shirt, if you're interested, I'll give it to you to use.

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

DWB, KH, LG and NW -

Thanks very very much...it's really appreciated.

(And thanks to the Bagel Blogger who send a graphic which we hope to put up soon as well...)

--Jameel

Shifra said...

I just went blackberry picking on Sunday!
I wish you would have told me you were looking for some...

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails