Wednesday, August 23, 2006

We want our kidnapped soldiers home...and Olmert should go home as well



YNET: Reservist protest movement, bereaved parents join forces

The staff of the reservist protest movement and the bereaved parents group agreed Tuesday night to join forces and signed a petition calling on the prime minister, defense minister and chief of IDF staff to resign.

"The pain you have caused us by your failure has succeeded in uniting us. In the name of our friends, in the name of the hostages, their families and our sons, we declare the following: We will not desist in our struggle until the responsible parties hold themselves accountable for their actions," the petition read. YNETnews
It's sort of being ignored by Israel's media...but IDF reservists are starting to demonstrate against Olmert. In front of his home...in front of his office...and coming soon...a march from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Correction, it is being reported. Here's an item from today's JPost:
Reservists and their supporters protesting outside Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's Jerusalem office for the second day on Tuesday said their primary objective was to see Olmert, Defense Minister Amir Peretz and Chief of General Staff Lt.-Gen. Dan Halutz resign because of "their incompetence in the Second Lebanon War."

Complaints about military mismanagement and the government's failure to free the two kidnapped Armored Corps reservists, defeat Hizbullah, or "protect the citizens in the North" provided the impetus for dozens of angry demonstrators to spend the day in the Rose Garden under the hot sun.
More here.

(And I hope to be home tomorrow morning as well...my heart and blog are in the East...and I'm in Chutz LaAretz...flying home tonight...)


Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael

1 comment:

Olah Chadasha said...

I don't think the Israeli media has ignored this. I've seen at least 5-10 major reports done by Channel 2 since the "cease-fire" was signed. Hell, even Haaretz is covering it intensely. I've read around 5 stories in their paper about it. I think this is gaining steam, and I am with them! I hope they don't stop, and I think they will just continue to get more and more support.
-OC

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails