Monday, July 21, 2008

Muqata RoundTripping: Israel, NYC, Israel

A few years back I had some cool ideas for livening up the JBlogosphere. I managed to implement a few; the Purim parody carnival or the Purim collaborative Purim Podcast, yet others never got off the drawing board (like the JBlogosphere Game Show idea, which I think is still a great idea, but don't have the time or advertising cash to make it happen yet).

And then...this opportunity drops into my lap. Not only is it completely in tandem with my blog's goals and aspirations of promoting the good things about Israel, love for the land, and a general feeling of connection -- but the idea spans many blogs and bloggers.

Nefesh b'Nefesh has offered to send me and other JBloggers to the US (and return back) on one of their aliya flights -- to accompany an oleh family and blog their experience before leaving, during the flight, and at the welcome-home reception at Ben-Gurion airport. In addition to helping share their personal aliya, there will be a JBlogger conference in Yerushalayim the next day.

I'm not listed yet on any conference panels...because I haven't yet figured out how to keep the yellow smiley face on my head for so long...


Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael טובה הארץ מאד מאד

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like it's time for the smiley face to come off...unless you tell people that you're Jameel's "representative".

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

crazy glue does wonders.

Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

are you going to have time to hang out in NYC, or is it just flight-in flight-out?

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

steg: I should have a drop of time available...in between shopping for the family.

Erachet said...

That is SO COOL! Are you gonna go visit SerandEz while you're in New York? 'Cause I know how to drive to visit them too!

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Erachet: A visit to Chez Serandez is always a possibility :)

Erachet said...

Yay! I hope they don't mind that I just invited you there. :P

Gee a Moron said...

I hope that you don't get to go! That is to say, I hope that the Aliyah plane will be so full of new Olim that they won't have any space for vatikim.

Well maybe if they seat you the same way as they conducted Operation Solomon from Ethiopia - they can always squeeze one more.

Seriously - hatzlacha and derech tzlecha.

Anonymous said...

We'll just have to have a second pre-aliya party at the airport for Jameel for all those who couldn't make it to the first one.

Anonymous said...

The first one was fun. But I wasn't there.

Rafi G. said...

I never make these lists

the sabra said...

Wow that's incredible. I'm extremely pleased for you.

(PLEASE PLEASE take photos of the dozens of pasted on yellow smiley face wanna-be bloggers standing in the lobby hoping to get in.)

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails