Friday, June 11, 2010

Go back to where you come from...

I must admit, Helen Thomas caused some excitement in my extended family.

Here they thought someone among the nations was finally showing them support and understanding. They thought that someone who has an influential voice in the media was finally demanding justice for them.


You see, the older members of my extended family survived the 1929 Hebron massacre. (I've told the story in other posts on the JoeSettler blog).

The family's ownership of their homes and lands in Hebron goes way back. In fact, the Jewish community in Hebron goes way back.

So when I told my extended family that Helen Thomas wants them to go back to where they came from, they were all very excited at first, until they realized they couldn't go back just yet... because Arabs are currently living in their old homes.

One-Click Pro-Israel Activism!
It takes just 1 Click to help Israel!


Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael טובה הארץ מאד מאד

1 comment:

jonathan becker said...

ha! nice punchline.

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails