Friday, September 25, 2009

Visiting Israel? Learn to Shoot

Everyone knows, when you visit the Muqata one of two things happen. Either you get waffles for breakfast, or you go out shooting at the range. If you're really lucky you get both.

But not everyone can get invited to the Muqata when they visit Israel, so what are they to do?

Simple. You go to the Caliber-3 shooting range in Gush Etzion, and you take their 2 hour "terror tourism" class.

Where else can you meet up face-to-face with IDF special forces officers and soldiers, watch them demonstrate anti-terror techniques, and then have them teach you how to shoot a variety of different combat weapons?

Nowhere else, except at Caliber-3. And that's why this is such a unique adventure.

Turn the volume up before you start this video.

Turn the volume up before you start this video.

So go to the Caliber-3 site, and sign up for a session while there are still slots available this Sukkot.

It's a lot of fun for the entire family.

(Yes, for all of you in Israel, you can also renew your license at their range. And no, I don't know what to tell you to do about the waffles.)


Visiting Israel?

Learn to Shoot at
Caliber-3 with top Israeli Anti-Terror Experts!


Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael טובה הארץ מאד מאד

5 comments:

Nachum said...

I'd rather visit the Muqata. When can I come by?

Unknown said...

Question: Can a waffle iron be considered a lethal weapon?

Anonymous said...

This morning when I got to the office I checked the Muqata blog like always. I turned up the volume like you wrote and hit play.

I jumped out of my seat, but my neighbor in the cubby next door jumped up and pulled out his gun thinking there was a terror attack going on in the office.

After I changed my pants we all laughed at him.

I think I'll take this course. It looks like fun.

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

QuietusLeo: Absolutely! It all depends who's brandishing it.

anonymous: your cubicle co-worker pulled out his gun?! now THATS scary!

Nachum: Drop me an email!

Anonymous said...

One of the cool things about Israel is how everyone owns machine guns and walks around with them.

Yet, you rarely have the same type of violence you see in other areas of the world.

I mean sure you have your politically motivated violence but you don't have your domestic dispute violence increased because everyone walks around with machine guns.

I think it is so cool that you can see guns everywhere in Israel and no one makes a big deal about it.

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails