Wednesday, March 16, 2011

11 Year Old Yoav Fogel's Prayer

The following is the prayer for loving each and every Jew, that 11 year old Yoav Fogel hung up next to his bed. Yoav was stabbed to death by Palestinian Terrorists this past Friday. An English translation of the prayer follows.

May it be Your will, the Lord my G-d and the G-d of my fathers, that I should merit to love every individual in Israel as if they were my soul, and with my might, and to properly observe the mitzva (commandment) of "Love your Neighbor as Yourself."

And may it be Your will, the Lord my G-d and the G-d of my fathers, that You place in the hearts of my friends, love for me, and that I will be accepted by all, that I should be loved and caring, and find favor in the eyes of all.

As a face is reflected in water, so should the hearts of man be to each other.

And all for the sake of heaven, to observe Your will.

Amen.
"As a face is reflected in water, so should the hearts of man be to each other. " -- Just as when one looks in the water and sees ones reflection, so should a person's feelings be reflected by those he interacts with.

In memory of Yoav and his family, maybe we should all take his message to heart of loving other Jews, and pass it on.



Photos courtesy of the Yesha council.


Visiting Israel?
Learn to Shoot at
Caliber-3 with top Israeli Anti-Terror Experts!


Follow the Muqata on Twitter.

Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael טובה הארץ מאד מאד

2 comments:

freideleebs said...

Neshamot Tehorot.

NormanF said...

When Jews shot and beat other Jews and threw them out of their homes, Heaven decided to send them a message to see what baseless hatred of one brethren can lead to.

We can only pray, for the sake of Yoav's memory, that has been taken to heart.

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails