Monday, October 08, 2007

Getting back to Business

Yes, it's been a long Sukkot vacation.

The chagim (holidays) are over, and now, suddenly all the items that Israelis procrastinate about will suddenly have to get done.

The most common pre-holiday expression to hear in Israel is "Acharei HaChagim", (it will get done after the holidays). Of course, this is equivalent to the Israeli expression, "I'll have this project finished you for you ASAP". In Israel, ASAP stands for "After Sukkot, After Pesach" -- meaning when someone promises something to you ASAP, start worrying.

We had a great time over Sukkot, and I'll post some pictures and descriptions of the following in due time (not ASAP, of course).

- Building a new yishuv/outpost, "Shvut Ami"
- Our trip to Herodian
- A bit more about about trip to Hevron
- And of course, waffles in the Sukka.

Will write soon,

Jameel.

PS: While you may not agree with everything JoeSettler posts here (and I don't), it's still extremely useful to call him up when we're under fire in Hevron, and tell him to blog it :)


Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

(and I don't)

You are so full of it.

Esser Agaroth said...

B"H No waffles (nor grilled chicken) for me! Pancakes and maple syrup...in Bet-El. Hamburgers in Me'ah Sha'arim. Go figure. ;-)

Needless to say, my diet went out the window this holiday season.

Only 58 more days till Hanukkah!

I don't agree with a lot of what JS says either. But, you have to admit, he's got the best blogger symbol on the Blogosphere! ;-)

So, what about our overdue coffee and/or lunch?

Sarah Likes Green said...

welcome back. can't wait to hear about your sukkot. I'm sure it was more fun than mine.

Anonymous said...

As long as everyone is okay...especially the Muqata kids...

Jack Steiner said...

How many of you are aware that Joe has a tremendous singing voice. It is quite an experience.

Anonymous said...

Goes nicely with your soprano.

RaggedyMom said...

Welcome back. I'm relieved to have read that your family's okay (I'm catching up!). A healthy winter to everyone!

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails