Friday, June 12, 2009

IDF Robot Snake...and more

I love robots. This IDF invention is pretty slick:

A robot snake, capable of recording video and sound on the battlefield, is on the way to join the the IDF's hi-tech arsenal.

According to a Channel 2 report, the spying robot, which is about two meters long and covered in military camouflage, mimics the movements and appearance of real snakes, slithering around through caves, tunnels, cracks and buildings, while at the same time sending images and sound back to a soldier who controls the device through a laptop computer. JPost



This DARPA (Defense Department Advanced Researce Project Agency) robot is also rather amazing...it can walk on just about any surface.



Shabbat Shalom...


Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael טובה הארץ מאד מאד

6 comments:

Neshama said...

SUPER WOW!!! Mi K'Amcha Yisrael

This is just the greatest thing I've seen in a long time; by far surely beats the shavuos cheesecake!!

I love it (but it reminds me of a mosquito sometimes)
(Oh, that's too much, the word verification has 'dog' and almost 'puppy' in it)

Anonymous said...

Cool, but how about a pair of fangs?

Elan said...

Thanks for blogging about this - my friend just started out at Jpost and it's his article!

Shavua tov :)

Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

not this article? ;-)

Alissa said...

Am I the only one who felt bad that it got kicked, fell over in the ice, and missed a step on the cinderblocks? Especially when nothing about it seemed remotely dog-like to me, but rather creepily like a giant fly? I have to work on my "inanimate object" reactions.

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Alissa; I did. (I was rooting for the robot the whole time...)

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails