Thursday, June 11, 2009

Major Muqata Milestone: One Million Pageviews

No, this isn't a Green Helmet Guy Reuter's photoshop job -- the Muqata Blog has hit a major milestone today; Over one million page views of content from the Muqata blog have been viewed since its inception on June 5th, 2005.

This has been done without all sorts of page view increasing tricks such as:
"click here to continue reading" (thereby opening a new page, doubling the amount of registered pageviews)

Removing my own IP addresses from the pageview counter, so that when I view the blog -- those views are not counted.

Heck, even the JPost's article about the muqata got the hyperlink wrong, so I didn't benefit at all from the "easy click through" on line readers.
This blog has certainly come along way since it started...

The initial profile Avatar for the blog and one of my first posts had this sign on it:

(Tel-Aviv, Ramalla)

Do you know where this sign is? It's the only one of its kind in all of Israel...

OK, I cringe a bit when I read those first few posts. The Disengagement was almost upon us, and unfortunately, the same feeling of uncertainty is back in the air now.

Major inflection points in the blog, or just really decent posts include (and you dont have to click them if you don't wish ;-)

JBlogger Anthropologist (When I was convinced I had missed the boat on the JBlogososphere)

Amazing Tiyulim (trips) around Israel:
Chanuka Tiyul (parts 0, 1 and photos in 2) to the Mizbeach/altar of Yehoshua
Midnight Visit to the gravesite of Yehoshua, Calev and Nun
Shomron Tiyul
Returning to Kever Yosef in Shechem

The inmates take over -- a week of amazing guest posts on the Muqata

The Origins of "Waffles"

Purim Blogosphere Carnival #1 -- JBlogosphere Lampoon

Purim Blogosphere Carnival #2 -- Purim PodCast

Coverage of the second Lebanon War (Not Indexed Yet)

Srugim Posts

Coverage of Cast Lead Operation (Indexed)

Tons more. Maybe I'll get around to adding keywords to the old posts, and organizing everything.

Anyway, I'd like to thank you all for getting us to the first million -- thanks to my wife & kids,
the Muqata war crew (Joe and Litvshe), Sarah the awesome banner creator, Ezzie -- co-gabbai of many projects, Jack the Waffler, the Stern Gang (Apple, Erachet, Curious Jew), Lurker, DoubleTapper, Aussie Dave, TAFKAPP, RenReb, Trep, Akiva, Scraps, TikunOlam, Shifra, OM, XGH [or whatever he's calling himself now], Dovbear, YMedad, RWAC, Psychotoddler, TOWIK, SoccerDad, Kasamba, Commenter Abbi, Special Ed, BOTH, AddeRabbi, MCAryeh, Crazy Cat Cousin, LoZ, Ben-Bayit, Ben-Chorin, JCop, MoI, IsraeliSoldiersMother, Robert Avrech, Jewlicious, Esther K, the Loag, R' Gil, ProfK, Orthonomics, Raggedy Mom, ALN, FrumSatire, Jacob DaJew, Chardal, Mevasseret Zion, Our Shiputzim, Rafi G., Juggling Frogs, The (defunct?) Maggid of Bergenfield, Neshama, Chana, nmf#7, staam, and all the guest posters and commenters -- past, present, and future, and all those who mention things to me from the blog after shul, those of you I've had the pleasure of meeting in real life and virtually.

And the Holy Hyrax.

And Laizy from Srugim.

If I've left you off the list -- or if you aren't simply on the blogroll and wish to be added, please drop me an email. (I'm sure I forgot someone important on this list...and will pay for it later).

If you had a favorite post, please let me know...drop it it the comments.

Shabbat Shalom -- see you around the JBlogopshere.

--Jameel.


Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael טובה הארץ מאד מאד

20 comments:

mevaseretzion said...

Yasher Koach!

Mrs. S. said...

Mazal tov on the first million!
!יה"ר שתלך (ותבלוג) מחיל אל חיל
:-)

Rafi G. said...

mazel tov!

hmph. I never make these lists...

Juggling Frogs said...

Mazal tov, Jameel! May you be blessed until (at least) 120 million!

DoubleTapper said...

Congratulations!



DoubleTapper
DoubleTapper@gmail.com
DoubleTapper, blogging on Guns Politics Defense from Israel

Anonymous said...

thanks a million.

Jameel said...

Yow...Rafi and JugglingFrogs

Will add you of course to the list!

(Rafi, I knew this list would bite me! :-/

פייגא דבורה said...

Thank god you didnt leave out crazy cat cousin!

Rafi G. said...

I dont mind, Jameel. Just kidding around. I am easily forgettable and am used to it...
but that is why I try to avoid making such lists...

The Rebbetzin's Husband said...

Mazal Tov!

RivkA with a capital A said...

coolo!!!

(I'm not on your list... I'm not insulted or anything....)

just linked to your TA post in a comment on Trep's recent post about "settlements"

Neshama said...

Mazal Tov!

Muqata is definitely quality, a pleasure to visit.

www.habayitah.blogspot.com

Gil Student said...

Mazal tov!

Sarah Likes Green said...

mazal tov!

good luck for the next milion.

nmf #7 said...

Mazel Tov!

Gila said...

Mazal tov!

Gee a Moron said...

Ken tizke lamilyon haba

tafka pp said...

It's been a pleasure! Can't imagine how jblog-life would have been, Muqata-less...

Renegade said...

Mazal Tov!

No mention of me? :(

Baila said...

Mazal Tov and thanks for the memories.

If you had a dollar for every hit...

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails