Thursday, March 23, 2006

Outting the Parody Spoofers -- The LIST!


Ladies and Gentlemen of the JBlogosphere -

Here is the list of the parody spoofers...and the blogs they spoofed. Not all of the bloggers want public credit for their masterpieces, and some haven't replied back yet, but I'll update the list if and when more bloggers come forward.

I would like to personally thank each and every one of them for their enthusiasm, cooperation, good humor, and tact (this potentially could have deteriorated very quickly into a mud slinging festival, but the true spirit of Purim fun came through brightly and entertainingly)

Special thanks to Ifyouwillit, the in-house Muqata extreme JBlog graphic designer, and a very very special thanks to that anonymous blogger who spent agonizing hours working on the blogger templates. If it weren't for that publicity shy anonymous blogger, I don't think this would have been as fun as it was. Plus, the purim templates will be ready for next year :)

I enjoyed myself immensly, despite losing many hours of sleep over this project, and look forward to next year's spoof event.

However, there are many more fun and exciting collaborative JBlog projects coming up from the Muqata...and you don't want to miss them!

And now...the list: (scroll down to see it. I have no clue why all this white space is here. If you know why, please drop me an email how to fix it...thanks!)
























































































































































BloggerSpoof Blog
AirTime

Orthomom,
StepIma

Publicity Shy

Bethlehem Ghetto

Mirty

Jack's Shack

StepIma

Mirty's Place


A - The Israeli Tour Guide

Going Slightly Mad (TAFKAPP)

Swiftthinker

AirTime

AbbaGav

JudeoPundit

Jak Black

Harry Maryles (Emes v'Pshara)

SerandEz

DovBear

Batya

Mirty's CodeScraper

Robbie

SerandEz

Godol Hador

Mar Gavriel

Elie

SoccerDad

Krum

Godol Hador

Publicity Shy

Israel Perspectives

Phishaliya &
BEC

The Muqata

BEC

West Bank Blog

Phishaliya

Oleh Girl

Ifyouwillit

JeruGuru

Publicity Shy

The Rabbi's Kid

Jameel

Treppenwitz,
Lost in BEC's Universe

StepIma,
Jameel

AskShifra

No Clue

Steg

Publicity Shy

Krum

Oleh Girl

Balagan

TAFKATPP

Tales of an Israeli Tour Guide

(waiting for confirmation)

Chardal

Litvshe

Amshinover

DovBear

Crossed Currents.

Jerusalem Cop

First Dates

Orthomom

Renegade Rebbitzen

Lipman

Lipman

Must Gum

Female Frum Struggle

Mega-Anonymous*

DatingMistress, Jerusalem


(*will cost lots of cash)

PS: We'll award the CRIBS next week as soon as the graphics are done...

Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! StepIma did MirtyPurim! I didn't even guess that. It was amazing. How do you know me that well?

DovBear said...

I don't know who half these people are :(

StepIma said...

Ted's been letting me sleep under your bed... bwahahahaaaaa :)

Irina Tsukerman said...

This is amazing. I haven't even guessed a single person correctly. Oh well. Maybe next year!

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

DovBear: I guess there are ALOT of people who not only don't comment on your blog, but they may not even visit! ;-)

Don't worry - I'll introduce them all to you...and put in a good word.

FrumGirl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Publicity shy? What's that about!!! Now I am really curious. Will krumasahamantasch please stand up? (Or at least email me?)

DovBear said...

DovBear: I guess there are ALOT of people who not only don't comment on your blog, but they may not even visit! ;-)

Nah, I'm sure they all visit :)

JJ said...

Bravo, one and all!

Sarah Likes Green said...

well done everyone, great work, lots of laughs!! :)

PsychoToddler said...

Had a feeling it was Mirty doing Jack...'s blog

Yitzchak Goodman said...

Wow, I was spoofed by AbbaGav. Cool.

Erica said...

Hi Jameel -- I have to remark on the comment you recently left on Semgirl's blog about the seminary girls who came to your home for Shabbos and stayed in their room the whole time ... I had a situation quite similar, except the reverse: my roommate and I had gone to a Shabbason and our host was the most untalkative, non-conversational automaton ever ... we stayed in our rooms a lot of the time because whenever we asked to help (like put food out, set the table), she was always like No Thank-you ... it was weird/awkward.
Like ... why host someone if you're not the host type? I totally dig where you were coming from.

Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

i think it was Back of the Hill doing the spoof of me

rockofgalilee said...

send me the html if you want to get rid of the blank lines. (It's on the Edit post page). I'll fix it and you can paste it back in.

treppenwitz said...

Wow! The Ba'al HaBayit did my parody! I'm honored... but not too surprised. After all, how many of the possible culprits have access to a mekutzar? ;-) Nicely done.

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails