Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Purim @ Askin' Shifra

Questions I've been afraid of, part one

Dear AskShifra:

I recently took a trip to Israel on ELAL with my beloved dog, Kishka. Arriving at Ben Gurion airport, the staff held me off for a while without bringing Kishka to me from the luggage compartment of the airplane. I overheard some ground crew staff whispering that the pilot forgot to turn on the heat in the luggage section of the plane, and my dog froze to death. 5 minutes later, the crew nervously brought out a dog, which even though it looked very similar to my dog, I knew right away it wasn't.

"I want my dog!" I yelled at them. They thought they would pull a switcheroo on me?

"But, Madame, this is your dog", they nervously replied.

"Wrong!", I replied, "I was bringing my dog to Israel to be buried. He was ALREADY dead."

My question is, should I ask for an upgrade to business class on my next trip, or should I demand ELAL allow my next pet to accompany me in Economy class?

Thanks!

Shirley

See the answers and more here: askshifrapurim.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

ROTFL, good job Not-Me!

I'm a bit more random than that, though... not everything i write is about meeting other bloggers and representin' NYC/BP! :-)

But very very funny!

Moochy said...

cute

Eitan Ha'ahzari said...

very clever!

Eitan.
p.s. Muqata: I received a letter from lishkat hagiyus telling me I was too old. I've decided not to press the issue. I'll be in J'lem with my parent who are here for 10 days and my wife tomorrow and Friday. Maybe we can meet up. please be in touch,

Eitan.

the sabra said...

good one! lets make purim a bi-annual event. who's with me?

westbankmama said...

Those refrigerator magnets are deadly...

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails