Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Holy Land Tiyul



Sorry I haven’t done my own post in the past few days, but getting the Purim blog concept ready has taken all my time, and then I decided to spend some quality time with my oldest son.

Continuing in the tradition of bringing you the latest and greatest of the Holy Land, I will tell you about our recent tiyul.

It was actually our first tiyul together, and while I am not Zocheh to live there (I just get to visit for work when I’m not escaping from Manila the South Pacific), I can only hope that one day my son will also be mikayem that great mitzvah of Aliyah.

Parts of the story I won’t discuss (after all you’ll ask why these things always happen to me), but the highlights of the visit were Broadway & 42nd Street when we stopped to take a photograph near the Gap, and another overlooking the Brooklyn Bridge on our way to J&R for shopping.

Ahh, as Chardal would tell you, even breathing the air (and drinking the water) makes one feel richer, though he would probably throw in a pasuk and a medrash to explain why.

Of course, it was drinking the water that was the problem, and it involved a Brita filter, Shabbat and our host, another well known Blogger. But as I said that’s another story which I won’t discuss.

But my son was really surprised when out of the blue our host asked if he knew who JoeSettler was. He let out an abababababa and then a really loud shriek with some fake tears. Basically it meant that it was time for my wife to feed him.

Wherever I am, my blog turns towards the Goldena Medina

7 comments:

Ezzie said...

LOL. :) For the first few paragraphs, I thought this was Jameel...!

StepIma said...

wow -- instead of a parody, it's a hijacking!

JoeSettler said...

Not a hijacking. An illegal (out)post.

Anonymous said...

you used that line before

westbankmama said...

Perfect. Now who is writing these? Inquiring minds want to know.

Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

I can read that anyway!

Although for people who know Arabic, that "let's take Arabic letters and use them for similar-looking Latin letters" font is almost impossible to read... :-P

پوريم مبارك

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Hey JoeSettler!

Thats was funny in a weird Purimesque sort of way...

:-)

Jameel

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails