Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bye-Bye F-35

As regular readers know, I'm not a big fan of the F-35. We typically have a few commentors on the blog that agree me with very strongly on that when I bring up the subject.

There's very little about the F-35 that excites me, especially when compared to the far superior F-22. But all that is for another post.


"Affordable Export-Friendly Stealth" means inferior, and now we also know it means more expensive.
"Common Coalition" means unfriendly states like Iran's close friend Turkey are building the engines (or not).


Israel has ordered a number of F-35s, but now it looks like perhaps they won't come at all.

Due to cost overruns the Senate is considering scrapping the F-35 project.

At least one possible advantage to this, is that if Israel does buy a few F-35s, we might at least be able to install our own avionics in Israel. That will at least improve this airplane.


Visiting Israel?
Learn to Shoot at
Caliber-3 with top Israeli Anti-Terror Experts!


Follow the Muqata on Twitter.

Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael טובה הארץ מאד מאד

4 comments:

NormanF said...

I'm a big fan of an Israeli domestic fighter plane.

What the hell is the Israeli government waiting for?

It needs to get off its tuchis and start building it NOW!!!

josh said...

Sorry for the crude criticism but I can't stand armchair generals who don't know what they are talking about. It always reminds me of coming back to the pinat zula and yapping about which gun is better, the M16 or the AK47.

Do you really know which plane is better? Are you a pilot who has flown them?

I do know that we bent over backwards to freeze building in J&S so that Obama could promise us some planes. Now we get squat, and many families are not living in J&S.

JoeSettler said...

I really like my M16, but unless you replace/upgrade the gas system, you are always worried the thing will jam. It's not a major worry with the AK47.

As for the airplanes, this armchair general is very into fighter planes.

As for the price, Ehud Barak would have found any excuse (for the freeze and the planes).

Anonymous said...

I work for a defense contractor that is involved with the avionics on-board the F-35. From what I have worked on, Israel would be wise to avoid buying this POS. Especially since the repair depot must be located in the U.S. (I'm not able to go into specifics here). Israel is also supposed to have supplied the HUD for this aircraft, but I think they backed out, not sure. Anyway, the anti-Israel sentiment at this contractor is raging and vile. One engineer here called Israel the "enemy". What an asshole. This Jew wishes to leave these ignorant goyim to wallow in their Jew-hatred, but the economy sticks thanks to the One.

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails