Thursday, February 09, 2006

Snow @ Amona.

Hat-tip: Oren from Ofra.

It didn't quite snow at the Muqata this morning, but it did hail...covering our lawn in white. For about 5 minutes.

The younger kids danced around the house in glee and then grabbed plastic cups to go outside and collect some of the white stuff. The hail quickly turned back to rain, and the hail disappeared as quickly as it came.

My 5 year old daughter was so disappointed that she couldn't get any hail/snow into her cup, that the tears started rolling down her cheeks. I explained to her that it must be really disappointing not get something you want very badly, and she nodded with a sad look.

I told her that maybe if we did a hail-dance, it would hail again...or maybe we could even try a snow dance, since she knows we have a tried and true rain dance. Just the thought of it made her smile, and she got ready to go off to gan.

What the kids don't know is that its not really a rain dance, but a "get the kids to smile and laugh" dance.

And it works every time.



Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael

13 comments:

JoeSettler said...

Snow! Hail!

All I got was sand and dirt clogging up my carburetor.

Web Log Author said...

I only came here because you wrote snow. Now I see there's no snow.

But it was a nice post so I'm glad I visited.

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Andy: But there was snow in the picture! A little bit...ok...not mountains of wonderful white winter snow scenes, but if you look carefully on the ground there was some.

In any event, thanks for visiting; hope you come by more often.

Jack Steiner said...

A snow dance. That sounds like fun, just make sure that you don't do it around any calves. ;)

MUST Gum Addict said...

A get the kids to smile and laugh dance? Ha -- that's when *I'm* the one doing the dancing...

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Of course I'M the one doing the dancing :)

They usually join in at some point.

Ayelet said...

So sweet. I enjoyed that.

Irina Tsukerman said...

Aw! That's cute! I love snow...

Anonymous said...

Tune in to their feelings-that's what kids want and need.If you aren't serious about the 'snow dance' it won't work.I pronounce you a talmid muvhak of Dr. Chaim Ginot.-and that's how we keep our sanity here in Israel.

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Daat: So the reason there's hardly ever snow at the Muqata is because I'm not serious enough about the dance? I'll have to have LOTS more kavana next time...

Ayelet and Irina; Thanks! It was cute when it happened here :)

Anonymous said...

I meant serious so YOUR daughter will believe it.

Batya said...

as long as you don't "hail Mary"

MC Aryeh said...

I think we need a visual of Jameel doing said rain dance....

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails