Thursday, May 18, 2006

Hamas Gunmen Storm Mobile Phone Company Gaza Office

Earlier Tuesday, Palestinian gunmen stormed the headquarters of mobile company Jawwal in Gaza in protest at having their phones cut off in a sign of growing lawlessness in the coastal strip, employees said.

They said around 20 gunmen entered the building saying their cellphone memory cards were not working. A short while later they began shooting, damaging over 10 computers but causing no casualties.

Jawwal, is the mobile subsidiary of Palestinian telecoms firm PalTel "PTEL.AD", which operates in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Employees said the firm's managers were mulling whether to cut services in Gaza on Wednesday in protest at the attack. (YNETNews)


I wonder if the customer support staff in Gaza for this phone company get battle pay?

Hamas Phone User: (waving rifle) My phone's not working! Why is the line so long? I want service now!

(shoots off 10 rounds from his automatic rfile into the ceiling)

Customer Support: I'm sorry sir, I'm in the middle of my falafel break, you'll have to take a number and wait just like everyone else.

Hamas Phone User: But my phone's not working!

(shoots a few more rounds into the ceiling, takes aim at customer service rep)

Customer Support: Sir, shooting me will not make your phone service get returned any faster.

Hamas Phone User: You infidel! Make my phone work!

Customer Support: Sir, if you insist on using profanity, I won't be able to help you.

Hamas Phone User: ARG! Now you've done it, I'm going to come back and blow myself up.

Customer Support: Suit yourself. Have a nice day. Next number please!


And as the article stated, there were no casualties...





Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael

8 comments:

the sabra said...

didn't read the article..i only read ur news reports..im assumin they are completely accurate...good night..

PsychoToddler said...

It would be funny except that's more or less the same exchange I had at the phone store here in Brookfield!

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

PT: I think you should rename your blog...Psycho Blogger.

JJ said...

"I'm on my felafel break.." LOL!

Very funny, all of it!

Olah Chadasha said...

So bad! I love it!!
-OC

Scraps said...

Oy Hashem. You'd think they would chapp that shooting up the cell phone place wouldn't improve their service...

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails