The Right (and of course the Left) are strongly criticizing Bibi right now for what he said, and international pressure and criticism is sure to follow quickly.
The Right can either repeat the mistakes of the past and bring back Kadima and Meretz (imagine if it had been Tzippy Livni giving that speech), or it can strengthen Bibi on all the positive points he said (which would have been completely never mentioned or disregarded if Kadima was in power).
- The unashamed historical rights of the Jewish People to the Land of Israel, including Judea and Samaria (and unconnected to the Holocaust).
- His acknowledgment of us Settlers as brother, Zionists, and pioneers, and not enemies of the State, nor enemies of peace - perhaps his most important statement.
- His unequivocal statement declaring Jerusalem as the unified and undivided capital of Israel - forever.
- A fully and completely demilitarized Arab entity which must first recognize Israel as a permanent Jewish State (did you think he would call for transfer?)
- His support for continued growth of the Settlement enterprise in Israel's Biblical heartland of Judea and Samaria.
He specifically said, "With God's help". When was the last time you heard a Prime Minister of Israel invoke the name of God.
Until Netanyahu actually veers Left, and acts contrary to his stated positive positions in the speech, the Right has little to worry about, so long as it continues to openly support him against the powerful and overwhelming international pressure he is sure to face.
And after a speech like that Bibi deserves our support right now, more than ever.
I am far from an avid Bibi supporter, but his speech tonight, was by far the most Zionistic and refreshing speech made by any Israeli Prime Minister since Shamir spoke in Madrid (I remember that speech, and the Arab reaction, which was that it was the first time they ever heard that Jews had any history in Israel at all).
The Right wing took out Shamir after Madrid. Please don't make that mistake again so quickly.
-A joint post by JoeSettler and Jameel
Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael טובה הארץ מאד מאד