Sunday, May 27, 2007

Illegal (Out)Post

JoeSettler here with an Illegal (Out)Post


Little did I know that on Friday when I went for a Top Secret Pow-Wow with Baruch Marzel at Ma'arat HaMachpela...



That I would bump into, none other than, Jameel and his son (and the rest of the Muqata clan - all armed to the teeth mind you)...


It seems that son number 2 (0f 18) from wife # 1 (of 4) was putting on his tefillin for the first time. After some mumbled explanation as to what I was doing at the Tomb of the Patriarchs (I obviously couldn't mention the secret meeting with Baruch Marzel) I was invited to daven with Muqata clan.

With me at the Pow-Wow was one of my extended relatives (who we'll call Aleph).


Aleph


Aleph's grandmother and great-uncles were prominent members of the Hebron community until 1929, owning homes and property going back to "time immemorial".

During the 1929 Arab massacre of the Jewish community of Hebron the family managed to escape through a series of miracles.

FOR THE REST OF THE STORY GO TO JoeSettler.





Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What! No one has anything to say?!

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails