Every year, dozens of kids in Israel get hurt from Lag BaOmer-bonfire related injuries.
Parents! Please remind your kids of the following important points:
Every Bonfire should have a bucket of water close-by.
* Distance burn victims from fires -- if an area is on fire, smother it with a blanket.
* Keep the airway of a burn victim open.
* Wash the burned area on a victim with lots of lukewarm water, the more the better.
* Try to calm the burn victim
* CALL Magen David Adom: 101
* Give as much information to the ambulance crew when they arrive
* DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE BURNED CLOTHES FROM THE VICTIM.
* DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PUT ANY CREAMS/OINTMENTS ON THE BURN. Running water on the burn is the best treatment you can provide.
Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael