Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Back from Milluim

Yes, I'm back from milluim.

Despite all the well-deserved comments from my kids about what a fun time I must have had, it was exhausting.

Gone are the days of the longtime IDF motto, "hurry up and wait" -- we were training around the clock and the logistical support ran like clockwork.

And now for the final clarification: contrary to JoeSettler's comment that I was kashering/cleaning IDF kitchens for Pesach, or


Rafi G's alleged video surveillance of me...the picture to your left is where I actually was.

I snapped the following picture during a break for mincha.


Was it fun?

No, it wasn't fun.

It was very satisfying -- doing the right thing, but it's not "fun" like watching a movie or playing a game of Motzei Shabbat hockey.

Then again, hockey's been pretty painful the past few few times.

What is fun these days? Blogging, I guess.

Can't think more about it now or write anything else -- must make up for the past 3 days.

Before I forget, thanks to those who posted the past few days while I was gone. Will write up something more appreciative later.

Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael טובה הארץ מאד מאד

8 comments:

Rafi G. said...

I can't make out the name of the village on the road sign. It is too blurry. Did they have a kitchen there that needed to be kashered?

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Rafi: It reads "Faisal Street", I'm not allowed to say the name of the village.

Baila said...

Just to let you know, we appreciate your service to our people and country...

Anonymous said...

So you're one of those Milluimnikim posting classified photos on the web.

Consider yourself reported.

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

anonymous: darn. classified? Faisel street is in Syria.

You've now blown my cover completely.

Anonymous said...

Jameel, is this where you were?

IDF troops raid Ramallah

Go Jameel!

RivkA with a capital A said...

Welcome Home!!

Anonymous said...

So now you "fuzzified" the picture. You couldn't think to do that before you posted it everywhere on the internet?

Not very internet savvy, are you?

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails