Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Week Ahead

Jameel's got Milluim and the inmates are taking over the asylum.

There are 3 guest posters this Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday and none are named Jack ( did you catch that hint Jack?). Two of the bloggers were supposed to write last week, but that didn't happen, so they get to take a crack this week instead.

Jameel revised his post about the "Militia Men" something like 10 times, but was unhappy with the results so he decided not to publish it. After all, how many different ways can you say "slanted, yellow journalism"?

If only Yaacov Katz (the JPs military correspondent) had written that article.

Jameel plans to have some good stories when he gets back from kashering IDF kitchens (sorry, couldn't resist).

Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael טובה הארץ מאד מאד

8 comments:

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

kashering kitchens?

Joe - that is like the LOWEST of the low. If that's what I do in the army, I can't even imagine what YOU do.

Do you get coffee for the women soldiers who get coffee for the officers?

(not that kashering kitches isn't important, but they wouldnt draft me for that)

JoeSettler said...

Kashering Kitchens is an important job in the army.

I remember I was on a field base for a few weeks, and I had to kasher the kitchen every time I finished a shmira shift if I wanted to make sure the untensils were still kosher.

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Joe: I also wrote its an important job.

But there's no reason to draft me for that.

JoeSettler said...

BTW, the army is known to draft Hesder soldiers for Pesach to help with the kashering and Sedarim.

Rafi G. said...

Joe - you have nothing to be sorry about and Jameel has nothing to be ashamed of. Kashering kitchens is an important and honorable job. Because of you, and your work this week, many soldiers will be having a kosher pesach, that they otherwise might not have had...
So Kol Hakavod to you!
:-)

Jack Steiner said...

Dear Chametz Lovers,

Have no fear, there will be plenty o'content this week.

Anonymous said...

I was really looking forward to the "Militia men" article...

Anonymous said...

Me too. But what can you do.

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails