Former US ambassador to Israel Martin Indyk stated that when Tzipi Livni was foreign minister she warned the Palestinian Authority not to accept a "peace" deal offered by then-prime minister Ehud Olmert.
"In a discussion at President Shimon Peres's 'Facing Tomorrow' Presidential Conference 2009 in Jerusalem, Indyk said that the Palestinians should not be blamed for rejecting Olmert's peace offer, because of his unstable political situation at the time, Army Radio reported.
When asked by Channel 2 reporter Udi Segal, who was hosting the panel, whether the Palestinians missed an opportunity when they rejected Olmert's proposal, Indyk reportedly replied that "the prime minister was about to have an indictment filed against him and the foreign minister herself specifically told both the Americans and the Palestinians: Don't you dare sign the agreement."(JPOST)Top Five
5. She didn't want them to get involved with another possible scandal indictment with Ehud Olmert the crook.
4. Was worried that signing might still allow Magen David Adom ambulances to provide emergency services to Palestinians in East Jerusalem.
3. Thought Ariel Sharon was about to wake up from his coma (others seem to think so)
2. Was afraid that Abbas would be a guest of honor at a JStreet conference before her. [Thanks YMedad!]
1. She wanted to win the election and give even MORE to the Palestinians than Ehud Olmert.
Learn to Shoot at Caliber-3 with top Israeli Anti-Terror Experts!
Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael טובה הארץ מאד מאד