Monday, December 12, 2005

Bless me, for I have sinned? A Meme Confessional.

Thanks Batya for the MEME confessional tag. Just what I needed after a long trip home.

Then again, I deserve it for tagging you last time.

I confess: I don't read all the comments on the Godol Hador's website...I've even skipped some posts as well.

I confess: I ate a whole box of entenmann's donuts last week, but that's only because there wasn't much to eat to begin with.

I confess: It doesn't say Jameel on my birth certificate.

I confess: I still need to start writing my son's upcoming Bar Mitzva drasha (and my own), but will probably procrastinate till the week before.

I confess: I'm embarrassed I didn't do the last iPod MEME -- even though I was tagged by 3 people. Mostly because my iPod hasn't be charged in months, the music on it isn't that compelling, and I don't listen to heterogeneous music as much as I used to.

I confess: I don't know what the solution is to the current political mess in Israel.

I confess: I'm have liberal tendencies deep down.

I confess: I would be tickled pink to win a JIB award, though getting 300 hits a day would be even better.

I confess: Now I get to tag some people with this soul searching MEME, and it's not going to be pretty.

I tag the following:

The LabRab
Mirty
The Purple Parrot Pub Brawler, formerly known as the artist
Tanisha @ TovahIvrit
Tovya @ Zion Report

Those not tagged for a variety of reasons:

  • Ze'ev at Israelperspectives and Ezzie are busy worrying about the JIB's so I won't bother them.
  • JoeSettler doesn't like silly MEME games.
  • AskShifra's out of town.
  • Chardal was nice enough to invite me for a meal; he doesn't deserve this cruelty.

11 comments:

Ezzie said...

Worrying? Hardly. Just pointing it out to my wonderful readers... in case they want to vote for their favorite blogs! :)

tafka PP said...

Your confession about Liberal tendencies was incentive enough for me! Lord, now I have 3 to do. I should post a meme special, especially now I've run out of pub fight stories. But hey- the week is young!

JoeSettler said...

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

see there is something good about chutz-laaretz.Entemann's donuts.I still have one around my belly and I've been in Israel a few years.

rockofgalilee said...

what kind of liberal tendencies?

When people are poor, do you think it is the governments responsibility to feed them?

Do you think that we shouldn't name baseball teams after native american tribes?

Do you have a tinge of guilt when you bbq a delicious young animal?

Ze'ev said...

Jameel, I wouldnt have to wrry half as much about the JIB's if you would confess that you were going to encourage everyone to vote for my blog...

ifyouwillit... said...

Good confessions, don't worry about the speech, I am sure whatever you were to write in advance would only be re-written the week before the simcha, save the worry and just do it the week before!

Unknown said...

Jameel-- is that a black name--lol
I'll shoot you later. Expect my list up later today. I have finals all day and a meeting but when I am done I'll do you nutty confessional. Crazy man!

And get started on that drasha, shame you for waiting til the last minute...

as far as Israel, my eema thinks we should level the occupied territories and make it a parking lot..Not necessarily my solution but every once in a while it is appealing

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

RockofGalilee: Do you have a tinge of guilt when you bbq a delicious young animal?

Only if its endangered...and not well done.

Parrot: Three things to do?! I wish I only had 3 things to do...

ZR: Thanks brother! You have been forgiven.

Zeev: You know the the Likud works, right? "Reshimot Chisul". I'll be working on mine. Still, I'm disappointed you didn't nominate me, even after writing such nice things about you.

Tanisha: Jameel's my white name!

Lab Rab said...

Jameel ... what did I do to deserve this ... but God willing I'll have something up tomorrow.

Lab Rab said...

UP! Check it out.

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails