Thursday, December 29, 2005

Quality Time with my Daughter

I have 3 different postings I'm working on tonight:

1. Failure of the Settlement movement?
2. The real agenda of Israel's leftwing.
3. Muqata Mystique, part #2

Since its Chanuka and I'm on vacation, I couldn't bring myself to post #1. It's rather depressing, though candid and eye-opening. #2 is in response to something I read on DovBear's site yesterday. #3 is to compliment last week's Muqata Mystique posting #1.

So what did I do today? I spent some fantastic quality time with my oldest daughter as we went mountain biking to a nearby yishuv. In the eye of the political storm swirling around settlements, Israeli politics and security, we biked up and down the green hills of the Shomron. My daughter, the limber gymnast, who can totally bend over backwards and do incredible handstands was impressed that I wasn't out of breath at the top of the highest hill we went rode to.

We stopped to examine the archeological finds that date back to the first Temple period, we saw amazing homes we never knew existed in the Shomron, and we saw some interesting street signs which requested in the most sincere and polite way to refrain from driving down certain streets on shabbat.

In the calm of the storm, we had a wonderful bike ride, and we both agreed we needed to do it more often.

Yet the other posts from above are going to come back, and I have a feeling that life is going to start changing here alot quicker than anyone ever expected.



Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting street signs which requested in the most sincere and polite way to refrain from driving down certain streets on shabbat

How so?

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

I have the picture saved on my cellphone.

It reads (I'll translate into English):

Please respect our way of life on shabbat and holidays. Please drive in the direction of the arrow, and not on the main road.
Thanks.


The sign wasn't hostile looking at all, but rather modest.

MC Aryeh said...

I'd say quality time with your daughter trumps putting up new posts any day. Good for you...

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

mcaryeh: too bad we can't mountain bike at 10 PM.

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails