Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Muqata Reloaded - The Great Carnival of Guest Bloggers

With my son's upcoming Bar Mitzva approaching rapidly, I'm finding myself swamped with preparations. From writing Divrei Torah to finding sleeping arrangements for the multitudes of guests converging on The Muqata from around the globe, to the printing of thank you cards...so many details! Therefore, the wise and kind Mrs. @ The Muqata informed me that in the interest of my good health, I must should cease blogging till after the Bar Miztva.

What's a an addicted devoted blogger to do?

Shamelessly borrowing an idea from DovBear, I have asked a group of the JBlogosphere's best and brightest bloggers if they would guest blog at The Muqata next week.

They are a diverse and eclectic crowd -- differing in age, origin, current location, and political leanings. I can't even say I know them all well. Some I know close to twenty years...and to be truthful, I only found one of them 2 weeks ago.

I'm honored and humbled that they have so enthusiastically agreed to share their humor, wit, wisdom, analysis and erudition on this blog.

I'll be around here and there, maybe even throw in a short post or two, but their talent will run the Muqata through next Friday.

Enjoy!

Jameel
The Muqata.

PS: For those of you who are also among the best and brightest, please don't take offense that I didn't ask you to blog...this time. My next son's bar mitzva will be coming up soon enough, and I'll need more volunteers...

Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael

9 comments:

FrumGirl said...

Mazel tov! Enjoy the break... I hope your guest bloggers will live up to the expectations!

Lab Rab said...

Looking forward ... You wonder what's up with the international media bias, they never seem to portray the goings-on in a muqata as a party!

Irina Tsukerman said...

That's great! Er... I mean congratulations on your son's bar mitzvah! I hope you have a great time!

MUST Gum Addict said...

Mazel Tov! (when do I throw the candy?)...

Oh, what to write, what to write, what to write....

ifyouwillit... said...

Mazal Tov, have a great week, and don't get withdrawl symptoms from the blogging. You've picked some great bloggers to fill in for you, but I am looking forward to your retrun already.

Ezzie said...

Oh, okay. Leave me out. Yeah, whatever. You IM me about it, and don't even include me. Hmph. ;)

This should be fun...

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

ZR: You can post Sunday AM, USA time as well! No need to drive yourself crazy.

JJ said...

Mazal Tov, Jameel! Hope you all have a rockin' good time at the Muqata!

2R said...

Mazel Tov on the upcoming bar mitzvah!

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails