Sunday, January 08, 2006

Off Topic: Some Hakarat Hatov to YU


If anyone would have told me 15 years ago I would be blogging about giving thanks to YU -- I probably would have laughed in their face. Yet, here I am giving Hakarat HaTov, thanks, to Yeshiva College, where I studied so long ago. There are maybe half a dozen people on the planet who understand why I'm writing this on my blog, but I felt I had to anyway. (And no, I will not and cannot field answers in the comments section as to "why" I am writing this)

Thanks Yeshiva College...I really did learn a thing or two from you...and you showed me you can be a mensch of a university as well.


Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael

8 comments:

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

I'm even more impressed by the orange streamer in the Israeli flag -- I didn't even photoshop that in!

Chana said...

Huzzah YU and Stern! Where my parents went to school.... :)

ifyouwillit... said...

I didn't notice the orange ribbon until you mentioned it - I had a neighbour comment on the one in my hallway this evening when I answered the door though.

It's always good to give Hakarot Hatov when the oppertunity arises.

FrumGirl said...

Nice sentiments, Jameel.

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Chana: Does that mean Stern is in the cards for you as well?

DaatY: I agree...it took me some time to figure that out.

FrumGirl: Thanks. I was probably the only Muslim in shiur.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if you guys are serious about the orange, but if you are I hate to burst everyone's bubble. If you look carefully it actually appears to be part of the New York City Flag (you can see part of the center symobl if you look carefully).

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/html/features/greenbook_seal_flag.shtml

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Strong Bad: Yeah, I was only kidding about the orange...

Anonymous said...

As one of the vavniks, allow me to proffer my congratulations.

About the orange strip -- yes, it's part of the NYC flag, but how did it get *there*?

I hear that Pat Robertson was involved...

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails