Monday, March 16, 2009

FirstThoughts (Part 2)

JoeSettler here.

Back in February I gave my predictions (and here too) for various Ministerial positions immediately after the elections. I've since updated my thoughts on some of them, but now that the Likud and Yisrael Beiteinu have finally signed their agreement, let's see how things are turning out, and how accurate my initial predictions were.

I said:
Defense: Boogie Ya'alon/Likud
They did:

Defense: Boogie Ya'alon/Likud


I said:
Foreign: Silvan Shalom/Likud
They did:
Foreign: Lieberman/Yisrael Beiteinu


I said:
Absorption Minister: Danny Ayalon/Yisrael Beiteinu
They did:
Absorption Minister: Sofa Landver/Yisrael Beiteinu


I said:
Transportation (or Interior Security): Uzi Landau/Yisrael Beiteinu or Lieberman/Yisrael Beiteinu
They did:
Infrastructure (or Interior Security): Uzi Landau/Yisrael Beiteinu


I said:
Interior Security: Lieberman/Yisrael Beiteinu
They did:
Interior ("Public") Security: Yitzchak Aharonovitch/Yisrael Beiteinu


I said:
Tourism: No prediction
They did:
Tourism: Stas Misezhnikov/Yisrael Beiteinu


I said:
Justice Minister: Dan Meridor/Likud
They did:
Justice Minister: Yaakov Ne'eman/Joint appointment by Yisrael Beiteinu and Likud



Some of the Positions/Predictions that are still open:
Finance: Bennie Begin/Likud
Deputy Prime Minister: Lieberman/Yisrael Beiteinu
Finance: Bennie Begin/Likud
Religious Affairs: Shas
Social Affairs: UTJ
Communications: Ariel Attias/Shas
Building and Construction: Katzaleh/Ichud Leumi
Education: Hershowitz/Bayit Yehudi or Shas
Interior Minister: Eli Yisha/Shas

Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael טובה הארץ מאד מאד

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yisrael Beiteinu is coming out of this with more appointments then Likud... and here I thought they almost screwed themselves when Leiberman went on a vacation. Guess he was right to take a break all along.

YMedad said...

they did? i mean they really did?

Anonymous said...

wasn't there something about ketzaleh not taking a ministerial position, only deputy deputy minister?

Anonymous said...

Renegade: Yup, I wrote all about it in-depth on JoeSettler.

Anonymous said...

thanks, I knew I read something about it from either you or Jameel...

so is he only going to take the minister position if they pass that "chok ketzaleh" or only vacate his Knesset seat once the law passes?

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails