Thursday, March 22, 2007

More: Only in Israel!

This is definitely working out conveniently for me, as I've been too swamped the past few days to adequately blog (but due to good reasons, family smachot).

Here's a new one I just received:
I took my son to the Kotel to put on tefilin for the first time. I told him that we would go on the Kotel tunnel tours after davening. Now, you can’t just walk up to the tunnel tours and buy tickets. You have to order and reserve your places in advance, and of course I didn’t do that. So we walk up to the man selling the tickets and I ask him for 2 tickets for today. He looks at me and says "No way! We are completely booked for today -- you need to reserve in advance."

So I said to him "but my son just put on tefilin for the first time today."

He said to me "Don’t say another word!" -- and he gave me 2 tickets, and blessed my son that he should grow up to be a big tzaddik.
Only in Israel.









Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael

6 comments:

Shoshana said...

That is an "Only in Israel" story. But so nice.

Mikeage said...

Wow... what time were you there?

We probably almost met; our group took a trip there today for a 12:10 tour (although I assume that a post-tefilin visit meant you were probably long gone by that point)

Mikeage said...

oh, wait, never mind. That wasn't an actual Jameel story.

I suppose that means I have no idea who I almost met, which makes it somewhat irrelevant...

Never mind :)

JoeSettler said...

My wife has a friend that works there and she could have gotten you in.

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Joe: Duh.

I have the same friend.

the only way i know said...

Stirring...

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails