Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Post I was Waiting for; Online Supermarkets in Israel

I've been thinking about this for months and months. As a weekly supermarket shopper who spends hours shopping, are there viable alternatives to physically shopping at the the Rami Levy supermarket?

While it's fun seeing people I know at the supermarket, the whole event takes at least 2 hours, and at the end of a long work day, I wish there was an easier way to shop.

And then...I found the following posting today -- The On-Line Guide to [supermarket] Shopping in Israel...courtesy of The Big Felafel Blog.

The good news is that Rami Levy is going on-line. I just don't know if they will deliver to the Shomron...

ramilevy

Rami Levy

Rami Levy recently rolled out a new website for ordering your groceries online but with one major problem – they’re rolling out their new service painfully slowly, starting with trial runs in the Tel Aviv area only. Who knows when they’ll get to Jerusalem Sad smile. Rami Levy has the reputation of having the cheapest prices so I am definitely waiting til they come to my area.

Delivery price: 24.95 NIS
Delivery area: Tel Aviv area


Visiting Israel?
Learn to Shoot at
Caliber-3 with top Israeli Anti-Terror Experts!


Follow the Muqata on Twitter.

Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael טובה הארץ מאד מאד

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My local supermarket up north doesn't have online shopping, but they do deliver groceries and you can order by phone.

annie said...

Supersal has had online shopping for years and years. It is more expensive than its "real" shops, but when I use it (when I've been sick or when the weather has simply been too darn hot) I find I spend less because I keep to my actual shopping list instead of being tempted by "bargains" in the aisles.

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails