Every now and again the Israeli government decides for this reason or another to release security prisoners. Sometimes for political reasons (otherwise known as foreign pressure or confidence building measures), sometimes to get information, sometimes to get back dead bodies of Jews, the result is inevitably more dead bodies of Jews. Here is a brief list of what happened with some of those release in various deals. Keep in mind it is only partial and that 70% of Palestinian terrorists released, even those without blood on their hands, take part in other terrorists acts, for the most part much worse then those they were taken in for in the first place.
(Thanks to Arutz Sheva for translating part of Almagor’s report
Karim Ratteb Younis Awis – released in the context of a ‘good will gesture’:
* November 27, 2001: Carried out shooting attack near Afula, murdering Michal Mor and Noam Guzofsky.
* March 21, 2002: Dispatched a female suicide bomber to Jerusalem’s King George Street, murdering three Israelis, Yitzchak Cohen and Gadi and Tzipora Shemesh – 81 more were wounded.
Nasser Abu Hamiyad – released as part of the Oslo Accords:
* Took part in Ramallah lynch, mutilating bodies of IDF reservists Vadim Norzitz and Yossi Avrahami
* February 25, 2002: Initiated attack on Jerusalem’s Neve Yaakov neighborhood, murdering a female police officers and wounding 10.
* March 5, 2002: Responsible for attack on Seafood Market in Tel Aviv, murdering Israelis Eliyahu Dahan and Yossi Havi, wounding 31.
Abbas ibn Muhammad Alsayd – released in 1996; had a part in three Netanya attacks:
* March 4, 2001: Dispatched Herzl street suicide bombing, murdering Naftali Din, Shlomit Ziv, Yvgeni Malkin and wounding 56.
* May 18, 2001: Responsible for suicide bombing of HaSharon Mall in Netanya, murdering Miriam Wachsman, Yulia Tartiakov, David (Moti) Yarkoni, Vladislov Sorokin and Tirza Tishbi, and wounding 86.
* Helped plan and carry out Park Hotel Passover massacre, murdering 29 and wounding 155.
Ramez Sali Abu Salim – released February 20, 2003:
* Just seven months after release, on September 9: Blew himself up at Jerusalem’s Cafי Hillel, murdering David Shimon Avizdris, Yehiel Emil Toubol, Shafik Karem, Alon Mizrachi, Gila Moshe, Dr. David Yaakov Appelbaum and his daughter Nava – one the eve of her wedding.
Fuad Kawasme – released December 2002:
*Less than half a year later, on May 18, 2003, shot Kiryat Arba residents Gadi and Dina Levi to death near Gross Square in Hevron.
Jihad Alamrin – released as part of the Jibril deal in 1985:
* Founded the Al Aksa Brigades terror group in Gaza
* Planted explosives that killed IDF soldiers Cpl. Asher Zagori, Cpl. Moshe Peled, Cpl. Ron Lavi, Cpl. Matan Biderman and others.
Salah Shahadeh – released in 2000:
* January 9, 2002: Oversaw infiltration into IDF’s Africa Lookout, killing four soldiers.
* March 7, 2002: Shooting attack at Atzmona pre-military academy, murdering Ariel Zaga, Baruch Marcus, Eran Pikar, Aharon Krugliak and Tal Kutzweil.
Iyad Sawalha – released as part of the Wye Agreement in 1998:
* June 5, 2002: Responsible for bus bombing at Megiddo Junction, murdering 17 and wounding 42.
* October 21, 2002: Blew up jeep near Egged bus at Karkur Junction, murdering 14 and wounding 42.
Khalil Hamza Abu Roub – released the final time in 1996:
* September 18, 2002: Organized Umm El Fahm Junction bombing, murdering officer Yossi Ajami and wounding one seriously.
* December 26, 2002: Tried to shoot and kill IDF soldiers attempting to apprehend him. He was killed in the process.
Mahmoud Hamdan – released after serving just 14 months of a lengthy sentence in July 2003:
* September 26, 2003: Two months after his release, he infiltrated the Hevron Hills town of Negohot, murdering Ayal Yaverboim and slaying a baby, Shaked Avraham.
Nidal Salameh – released during Israel-PA talks in 1999:
* Following his release he took leadership role in PFLP terrorist group – responsible for southern Gaza. Oversaw dozens of attacks
Louei Raad Barghouti – released August 2003 as “good-will gesture” to Mahmoud Abbas:
* Planned and oversaw attack at Tzrifin IDF base bus stop, murdering eight.
* Involved in planning of Cafe Hillel attack.
Morad Kawasme – released January 29, 2004 in return for kidnapped Israeli Elchanan Tenenbaum and the bodies of three missing soldiers:
* Became senior Hamas commander in Hevron and shot at soldiers who came to arrest him after he oversaw several attacks.Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael