Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Forgiveness Post

According to Jewish tradition, one should ask forgiveness who they may have wronged during the year -- how can we expect forgiveness from G-d, if we do not ask forgiveness from our fellow man?

Therefore, I would like to publicly ask forgiveness from this blog's readership. I will not post excuses...just apologies.

If you sent me email and I didn't reply, or didn't get back to you in a timely fashion -- I apologize.

If you sent me a story and I didn't publish it or worse, didn't acknowledge that you had sent me the story -- I'm sorry.

If you requested help from me and I wasn't able to provide it -- I'm sorry.

I apologize if I posted without the proper attribution, or without a source at all.

I apologize for not posting as often as I would have liked to over the past few months -- yet I hope to make more of an effort in the coming weeks.

However, most importantly, I apologize for posting a particular post of a photo showing the burning of DovBear's parsha book.

Obviously, I wasn't advocating the burning of his book. Since it bothered him tremendously, DovBear asked me privately to remove the post. Instead of honoring his request, my hubris kept me from removing it, and I continued to debate the legitimacy of the post.

The issue is not whether or not the post should have remained, but that he privately requested that I remove it, and I did not. Other mutual friends of ours requested that I remove it, and I did not remove the post. For this, I am sorry and I should have known better.

Therefore, I publicly ask DovBear's forgiveness, and hope that in the future, if someone finds a post so offensive that they ask that I remove it, that I exercise better judgement.

Wishing the Muqata readership a meaningful Yom Kippur fast, and may the Nation of Israel merit compassionate judgement and forgiveness.

Sincerely,

Jameel @ The Muqata



Visiting Israel?
Learn to Shoot at Caliber-3
with top Israeli Anti-Terror Experts!

Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael טובה הארץ מאד מאד

4 comments:

DovBear said...

muchal luch
muchal luch
muchal luch

Thanks.

May you and you family enjoy nothing but peace and prosperity this year and forever.

Baila said...

Wishing you guys all the best and a גמר חתימה טובה!

Anonymous said...

What?! You mean somebody burned DovBear's parsha book?!

OMG!!

Goyim Unity said...

If you are serious about asking forgiveness because of Yom Kippur, why don't you apologize to the Palestinians and ask for their forgiveness? You have, after all, wronged them greatly by ethnically cleansing them, starting in 1948 until the present day. Apologizing, begging forgiveness, and making restitution is really your only option. The only other choice is to continue your illegal war against the true owners of the land of Palestine. Eventually you will lose, and the indigenous true owners of the land only need to win once. Mathematically, you are certain to be exterminated eventually unless you stop your agression and beg for permission to remain in your homes with limited rights in a palestinian country. It is not guaranteed that continued existence will be granted, but it is really your best chance and it is in the spirit of the Jewish holiday yom kippur. Jews have a long history that is good. But Zionism is evil and should go into the dustbin of history along with naziism and ancient evil cultures that are only seen today in museums.

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails