Monday, August 03, 2009

Second International Jewish Bloggers Convention

Jameel and I just signed up for the Second International Jewish Bloggers Convention.

But once again I find out, after the fact, that Jameel is getting special treatment.

Last year Jameel got a free flight. This year Jameel is giving a workshop on defending Israel.

And JoeSettler?

JoeSettler gets to go like all the other Red Sea pedestrian bloggers. No special treatment. No flight.

I certainly don't want to be the first blogger this year who will be whining and complaining about the convention, but something is wrong here.

So I'm not complaining about the convention or convention organizers. I complaining against Jameel who again kept this secret from me - again.

Do I really need to go to Jameel's course on defending Israel? I write his best stuff!

Fine I'll go.

And I signed up for the Jblogger twitter feed too.


Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael טובה הארץ מאד מאד

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you heard about it, I have to read about it after you write it on his blog! -Jameela

Jack Steiner said...

Joe,

Be good and I'll get you an official t-shirt. Not everyone will be cool or lucky enough to get one of those. ;)

JoeSettler said...

This is just wrong.
Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Benji Lovitt said...

See you there, Jameel!

Jack, will you be showing up? Last I checked, you were at the top of the Google rankings for "chumus." Look over your shoulder, I may be lurking.

tafka pp said...

Joe- maybe you can "do a Bibi" and hijack his panel for an hour? Or rip off his yellow smiley mask?

frumsatire said...

Maybe you folks can organize a place where all the NY metro bloggers can meet and watch the live feed and have their own little shindig

Stephen said...

We tried to get a place together in NY, but it didn't work out yet. I am going to keep trying.

Daniel said...

Joe,
if you spent more time on your blog, than on Jameel's, you'd get more recognition

JoeSettler said...

Daniel,

I spend equal time. I just go after quality readers, not quantity.

:)

(That was a joke people).

Anonymous said...

Joe ,
you only post half as much as Jameel and half of the time it is on his post. Days go by on yours

JoeSettler said...

That's just lately.

But actually I've probably posted as many posts as Jameel has.

Jack Steiner said...

Benji,

I might. Hadn't checked the Chumus rankings, better look now. ;)

Baila said...

I can't believe I haven't checked in for a couple of days and missed this announcement. Joe, I also thought someone would be calling offering me a free flight. Sigh.

Esser Agaroth said...

B"H

Joe, you're a "settler." At least you say you are. {BIG difference between Neve Daniel and Yitzhar, for example} Why do you need a free flight?

Defend Israel? I think it's important to differentiate between defending the Erev Rav controlled state and Jewish sovereignty over the Land of Israel,...not necessarily one and the same.

If anyone should get a free flight, it should be Jack or Soccer Dad.

They'll probably give it to Benji, though, by squeezing him onto an NBN flight. I'm sure he won't mind, though.

And there's nothing wrong with whining and complaining about the Convention? I intend to do quite a bit between now and then.

"Any publicity is good publicity." ;-}

Benji Lovitt said...

I wish. No calls yet. THE CHUTZPAH!

DoubleTapper said...

Don't forget to bring your guns.



DoubleTapper
DoubleTapper@gmail.com
DoubleTapper, blogging on Guns Politics Defense from Israel

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails