Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Send a Friend to Israel

JoeSettler here.

I just got an email from WebAds and Nefesh B'Nefesh asking me to nominate a fellow blogger for a free round-trip ticket to Israel to go to the Jewish blogger convention.

You can see more here on the convention website.



My first thought was, who could I possibly convince to nominate me. But then I realized that that list couldn't possibly be very long, so I'm giving up on that idea.

Instead I decided to think about who deserves to be on the flight.

Jameel perhaps, but he was on it last year. I think it would be amusing to meet Dov Bear (and then smack him around a bit), but I doubt he'd emerge from his cave.

Then it hit me. SoccerDad.

It's not that I read his blog that often, but the guy has been at the forefront of pushing Jewish blogging - and has mentioned my blog in his Jewish blog carnivals more than once. If any Jewish blogger deserves a free trip to Israel to the blogger convention, I'd have to give him my vote.

(I'm still going to nominate a few other bloggers though).

I'm curious who Jameel will choose (pick me, pick me).


Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael טובה הארץ מאד מאד

7 comments:

Neshama said...

Why did you automatically think "HIM", don't women blog too!

JoeSettler said...

I'm going to also nominate CoffeeandChemo.

Neshama said...

Just read that Jameel and wife had a baby!
MAZAL TOV! So, so, happy to hear about another little citizen of Muqata.

PS thanks JS

westbankmama said...

Soccerdad - what a great idea!

YMedad said...

My wife already nominated him. But why do you need a flight? Aren't you here?

YMedad said...

Neshama - I nominated Pamela Geller of Atlas Shrugs and I think I'll also do Jewess

Anonymous said...

Where's the BEEF???

the 50 shekel entrance fee isn't a fortune, but it's insulting that they switched the menu to dairy.

Last year's convention highlight was the outstanding meat buffet.

What a shondah!

Search the Muqata

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails